The commonly recognized meaning of ‘affiliate’ refers to a person who sells an item for another person or business and retains a percentage of the ‘sold for’ price of the item as a commission.
The dictionary definition of an affiliate is…
Verb: “To officially attach or connect (a subsidiary group or person) to an organisation.”
Noun: “A person or organisation officially attached to a larger body.”
If you have an online business, blog or would like to raise extra income, it is beneficial to join the affiliate programs of companies selling products related to your hobby, interest or the business topic of your website.
What is Affiliate Marketing and how does it work?
Basic affiliate marketing has been around for centuries in various forms of bartering.
In contemporary society, you will mostly find affiliate marketing in a streamlined business version online.
Many large companies have their own affiliate programs offering different percentages in commission.
Amazon is a good example, they offer different commission percentages for the diverse types of products that you sell from their online site.
When you sign up with a company as an affiliate to sell their products, you will be assigned a tracking URL.
This is your unique identity which allows the company to track the amount of online traffic you are pointing to their website and record all your sales.
This also allows them to accurately record and pay you the commission which you earn from the paying traffic you generated for their business.
When people look at making money online many seem to expect a type of magical ‘making money quickly and lots of it’ scenario!
Many people have fallen for the… ‘make masses of money by next month’ scams which abound on the internet.
But the reality is that if you want to make a solid recurring online income, you need to be producing a solid recurring level of quality online output!
The useful secret to any successful venture is to work smart, not hard. Which basically means to create ‘the most’ out of ‘the least’. Whether that means time, money or effort.
So, what happens if you have no time, money or idea of what to do…
- You don’t have anything to sell?
- You’re not an expert on any subject?
- You don’t have any spare money?
- You don’t want to create products, write eBooks or run courses?
How do I become an affiliate?
Becoming an affiliate is free, so you don’t need money upfront.
A general knowledge of products is all you need.
You will be selling other people’s products.
You won’t need to deal with any physical items.
Have you have ever recommended an item to a friend… that new pair of shoes, which baby buggy works well or why that make of car is best?
That is simply half of the affiliate marketing procedure, the rest is collecting the money!
Affiliate marketing is pointing people towards products that YOU genuinely feel would help them with a problem they are having or are worth buying for a topic that they are interested in.
In three easy steps…
- Write about a product or service.
- Add a tracking link URL to your review.
- When one of your readers clicks on the link and purchases the product, you will receive a commission for that sale.
This is also a business model that allows you to work wherever you can use your laptop, tablet or mobile phone!
Five Fun Facts About Internet Marketing…
- The first email was sent by two computers right next to each other in 1971.
- The first email sent with an “@” symbol was in 1971 by Ray Tomilinson. The use of this symbol meant that the message was sent to a person rather than a machine.
- Ridley Scott directed the commercial ‘1984’ which launched the Apple Macintosh computer during the Super Bowl. This was a great example of early event marketing.
- Google’s first tweet was sent in 2009. It was binary for “I’m feeling lucky”.
- Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Katy Perry have more Twitter followers than the entire population of many countries, including Germany, Turkey, South Africa, Canada, Argentina and Egypt. (source: market.com)
So, if you feel that you’d like to take back control of your lifestyle and work for yourself…
I strongly recommend you take a deep breath and join the FUN AND FREEDOM of BEING AN AFFILIATE… and I’ll be happy to help you every step of the way!
Follow this link…
DREAM, ASPIRE… ACHIEVE!
If you need a hand or have any questions, feel free to leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you out…